Welcome!

Thanks for visiting! I have included information on drilling seaglass, ideas and designs on seaglass jewelry, my collection and beachcombing trips, and much much more! Take your time and enjoying browsing!

Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Okinawa

Okinawa is one of the loveliest places I've every visited! Being the southern-most island, it is the only place in Japan with near tropical weather. Coral covered seabed and beach-lined coast promise great snorkeling and all sorts of beach related activities. There is no high rise, busy traffic or crowds. What impressed me most is the people - gentle, curteous and very, very helpful! They won't hesitate to go the extra mile, helping a foreigner find her way around.

As souvenirs, I've brought back starry sand grains from their famous Kaiji beach; 'sand of love' or 'lucky sand' as they called it. I've kept these in miniature bottles with colored sand. I've brought back lots and lots of photos and happy memories. I've also brought back a few extra pounds from the good food and rest, LOL! All I'm giving back is goodwill and well-wishing to everyone in Okinawa! I miss you all!









No comments: